Health & Wellbeing
Creating a Holistic & Inclusive Employee Wellbeing Program
At Exude, we have intentionally developed our services to support the total wellbeing of your employees. Our holistic and integrative approach is designed to positively impact employee engagement, psychological safety, inclusiveness, productivity, morale, and the overall success of your organization.
Because the needs of our clients vary, we have several ways to support your organization. Our wellness consultants provide solutions to ensure that employees are receiving ongoing and reinforcing wellbeing support throughout the year.
Employee Wellness Training
Our employee mental health and wellbeing training programs are intentionally focused on helping employees develop essential self-leadership skills that positively impact their total wellbeing. All wellbeing courses can be customized to meet the needs of your organization. Each session has the ability to be delivered virtually or on site, and can be offered as a single wellbeing in the workplace training session or built into a comprehensive program.
Mental Health Awareness Training: Reduce the Stigma
Exude’s Mental Health Awareness training is designed to help normalize conversations about mental health, reduce stigma in the workplace, and create psychological safety for employees to receive professional support. During this interactive Mental Health Awareness training, participants will learn about signs and symptoms of anxiety and depression so that they can be better “noticers” and supporters of others who may be struggling and/or are in crisis. A focus on strategies for reducing stigma and mental health resources will be provided.
- Understand the difference between mental health, mental health challenges, and mental health disorders.
- Understand the impact that stigma has on recovery and how to use “person first language” which focuses on the person vs. illness.
- Learn the early and worsening signs and symptoms of the two most common mental health disorders, anxiety and depression.
- Learn how to support individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis and challenge and resources that can be shared.
Mental Health First Aid Certification
Mental Health First Aid Certification Training provides learners with the skills and confidence to reach out and provide support to anyone who may be developing a mental health challenge or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care. It’s also an effective strategy for removing stigma barriers that may be preventing employees from receiving professional support. This is a 6 hour training with 2 hours of pre-work specifically designed for managers and/or people leaders.
- Evaluate the impact of early intervention on mental health challenges.
- Understand the impact that stigma has on recovery and how to use “person first language” which focuses on the person vs. Illness.
- Apply the appropriate steps of the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan (ALGEE) to a scenario
- Choose appropriate methods for self-care following the application of Mental Health First Aid.
Building Resilience & Preventing Burnout
Resilience is about increasing individual and collective ability to bounce back from adversity. It’s what allows us to recover from change or stress, whether in the workplace or other areas of life. Building resilience helps individuals and organizations manage their energy and perform at their best. This employee wellness training takes a science-based and application-based approach of teaching learners how to engage in small but intentional behaviors that will enable them to become more adaptable to change and effectively manage unrelenting challenges.
- Understand the stress cycle and how to move your body through this so that you’re less prone to burnout.
- Identify specific steps you can take to reduce tension in your body and mind so you can be more focused.
- Learn how to calm and recalibrate your nervous system, so you can respond more confidently in times of change and crisis.
- Learn five resilience-building habits that can be immediately applied.
Mindset for Leadership Health & Success
A growth-oriented and resilient mindset is vital to wellbeing and overall success. The good news is that we can learn to reset our mindset and retrain our brain in times of stress, fear, and anxiety. In this session, learners will discover practical, actionable strategies so that they can respond more confidently to change, calm their nervous system naturally, and rewire their brain for overall success and wellbeing. A shift in mindset can also increase confidence and ability to engage in positive behaviors and actions.
- Understand how beliefs and mindsets are developed.
- Learn the fundamental concepts of the science of human flourishing and how shifting our mindset can increase our wellbeing, confidence, and success in all areas of life.
- Identify beliefs and actions that contribute to a growth and resilient mindset within an organization.
- Apply best practices for giving and receiving feedback in a way that can foster a growth mindset.
Developing Emotional Agility
How individuals manage their emotions in the workplace has a profound effect on individual, team, and organizational success. Emotions directly impact decisions and actions. Therefore, employees at all levels of the organization need emotional agility in order to manage negative emotions in a healthy and productive way. This course will dive into self-awareness by inviting learners to be more curious about their emotions and learn how they can leverage their emotions to experience a greater sense of meaning and success.
- Understand why it’s important to approach difficult emotions with a lens of curiosity vs. avoidance.
- Explore adopted beliefs about emotions and effective coping techniques.
- Gain self-awareness about why you feel the way that you do in difficult situations and how your emotions impact upon your performance.
- Learn how to take action that aligns with personal values over emotions.
Creating Thriving Relationships
Relationships lie at the intersection of personal productivity and people productivity. One impacts the other every day. There is compelling evidence that strong relationships contribute to a healthy and productive life. Relationships are also a vital component of health and wellbeing. Yet, often relationships, both at work and in our personal life, can be our greatest source of stress. This session will help learners deepen their self-awareness and develop the essential skills for fostering thriving work and personal relationships.
- Understand the importance of social connections and how loneliness can impact wellbeing.
- Develop mindful communication skills such as empathetic listening, acknowledging, and validating.
- Learn the key components to developing thriving relationships.
- Apply practical strategies for increasing trust and connection.
Self-Care for Leaders: Nourishment, Movement & Sleep
Ignoring the needs of one’s mind and body hurts one’s ability to think, focus, and help others in need. As countless pre-flight safety briefings have taught us: “you need to put your mask on before assisting others.” Not doing so can put your own health and wellbeing, along with your team’s effectiveness and engagement, at risk. For you to do your best work with your team, you need to effectively manage your energy and prioritize self-care. This course will focus on three areas of self-care that are critical for managing energy: food, movement, and rest.
- Understand the signs and symptoms of burnout and how to effectively manage energy.
- Discover non-depriving eating habits that can improve digestion and increase energy.
- Explore the barriers that get in the way of making time for daily physical activity and strategies for making this a sustainable habit.
- Learn the value of slowing down, mindfulness, and sleep habits for optimal recovery.
As organizations continue to experience the compounding effect of pressures both inside and outside of work, equipping leaders how to manage their own resilience and total wellbeing is becoming more important. Leaders have their own employee experience and they also have a significant ripple effect for the team members they interact with and influence. Low levels of resilience takes a toll on health, mood, cognitive capacity which all impact morale, discretionary effort, and productivity. During this interactive training, we will discuss the importance of resilience, self-care, and leadership and provide practical ways to enhance both personal and team effectiveness.
- Recognize the impact that both stress and change can have on leaders and how that influences their overall adaptability.
- Create moments of self-awareness for individuals to reflect on what is influencing their wellbeing and what they can control/shift.
- Learn and practice science-based resilience strategies that you and your team can apply for increasing well-being and overall team health.
Leveraging the Birkman for Team Health
This Birkman Team Health workshop helps to surface and to address many of the challenges teams face, such as better understanding communications patterns, generating innovative solutions, and aligning goals. By having each participant view their own results, and also safely and productively mapping out team results, learners are able to better understand why certain relationship may be smoother than others. The health and productive conversation using the Birkman model plus real examples within the team makes for a profound discussion to help the team move forward.
- Create psychological safety to discuss individual styles and get more team input
- Increase emotional intelligence by developing self and others awareness
- Improve collaboration by helping teams apply their differentiators to improve performance
- Gain an understanding of individual and team strengths, overused strengths, motivators, and expectations
Energy Leadership 3-Part Series
This program utilizes the Energy Leadership™ Index (ELI) assessment and framework to increase engagement, life satisfaction, well-being and resilience. This research-backed system, utilized by companies such as Boeing, IKEA, and the United States Coast Guard, as well as tens of thousands of individuals, allows “everyday leaders” from all walks of life to harness and measure energy to achieve success in the workplace, the home, and in the world at large.
The Energy Leadership™ Index (ELI) assessment is a research-based assessment tool that takes something abstract, like the way a person views the world, and turns it into something tangible—a metric that you can see and feel and even reevaluate in the future.
Session 1: Energy Leadership Overview & Debrief
- Overview of the seven “levels” to describe the types of energy a person experiences and expresses. Each type of energy has inherent advantages and disadvantages and can be consciously used to reach specific goals. It’s also normal for us to cycle up and down the spectrum.
- Group debrief of the ELI assessment results and option to provide aggregate team results.
Session 2: Effective Energy Management
- This session will take a deeper and more individualized dive into four “energy blocks” that cause individuals to experience more stress and drain energy.
Session 3: Group Coaching – Integration & Reinforcement (1.5 hours)
- Additional tools will be shared and session will be focused on helping participants create a development plan.
Spot-It: Breaking Free From Stress, Worry, & Anxiety
The new normal is a constant state of uncertainty and change. Staying focused and productive is a tall order when the workplace (and the world) is in a constant state of flux.
Spot-It was founded in 1937 by a brilliant neuropsychiatrist named Dr. Abraham Low. This is a CBT-Based training solution that is designed to reduce stress, worry and anxiety. This is a peer-to-peer, situational coaching method. This 4-step method has been proven to decrease the symptoms of anxiety and improve self-esteem. It works in the moment when you need it and takes less than 5 minutes of a process to do each time.
- Learn a method that will help you personally handle stress & anxiety for the rest of your life.
- Become more emotionally intelligent & increase your self-confidence and peace of mind.
- Develop stronger workplace connections in the ever-growing, supportive Spot-It™ national community.
Leadership Wellbeing Coaching
At Exude, we believe that self-leadership is a prerequisite to becoming a highly effective leader. Our integrative and holistic coaching program helps leaders make high impact changes to gain the energy, resilience, and presence to live well and lead well. Our unique approach is rooted in the belief that all areas of a leader’s life are connected, and by focusing on the whole leader, we can create highly effective and sustainable change. Exude offers individual and organizational coaching programs that can be tailored to meet the needs of your leaders.
Organizational Wellbeing Consulting
For organizations that are committed to offering an impactful and inclusive wellbeing program, it’s essential to have a plan and strategy that takes into account the entire employee life cycle, including recruitment, onboarding, development, exit and all of the touchpoints in between. At Exude, we can help you with everything from assessing, planning, and implementing different wellness initiatives to provide meaningful experiences and positive outcomes for your leaders and employees.
Our Turnkey Wellness Program
One of the most common challenges that organizations face when attempting to develop an employee wellbeing program is sustaining ongoing programming and communication throughout the year. Improving the health and wellbeing of employees requires continuous reinforcement. This is why Exude developed a turnkey solution (complimentary for existing clients) as a foundation to your program.
Our turnkey program includes a monthly newsletter that can be easily forwarded to employees. Each month focuses on a specific wellbeing topic and integrates resources and webinars that Exude hosts for all employees and dependents to attend at no cost. We also provide six DIY wellness challenges each year and access to an online library of resources (handouts, templates, surveys, planning docs) that can be utilized for additional programming.
Did you know wellbeing impacts these other areas?
Diversity Equity, & Inclusion
Creating a culture of inclusion goes beyond training programs. A comprehensive D&I strategy helps employees thrive and show up authentically while also increasing employee engagement and retention. ‘
Compensation Study Consulting
Is your compensation strategy right for your business and employees? Designing and implementing an appropriate compensation strategy will attract and retain the talent you need.
Our benefits consultants design a benefits strategy that promotes the use of preventative care which can drive down benefits costs, improve employee health and lead to lower instances of high claimants.
Advocacy & Service
As your benefits broker, we understand that healthcare keeps no “regular” business hours, neither does our team. We’re up and running, 24/7, to alleviate your HR team’s administration burden whenever there is an issue.
See How We’ve Helped Organizations Like Yours
Integrating Wellness with your Employee Benefits Strategy
Saved 20% on employee benefit costs in year one through innovative wellness strategies.
Case Study: Ewing Cole
Learn more about how Exude can help enhance your employee experience and overall company culture.
Improving the Overall Employee Experience
By creating intentional HR touchpoints we created a more engaged, connected staff that better reflected their employer brand and delivered their desired employee experience.
Working Together For You
At Exude, we have a firm belief that when we help your people be the best versions of themselves, your company will be its best. Our integrated approach leverages our team of experts to improve your employee and customer experiences while driving greater business results.
Interested in engaging with a wellness consultant for your organization?