What Is an Employee Wellness Program?
An employee wellness program is an employer-sponsored program provided to employees as a preventive measure to help counter illness and maintain or improve workers’ general health. It typically focuses on employees’ physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
Why Your Company Should Have an Employee Wellness Strategy
Your employees’ wellbeing is crucial to your company’s overall performance. Having a wellness program in place provides resources beyond insurance that can help your employees maintain and improve their physical and mental health. These resources help increase employee satisfaction and engagement, improving their overall performance and your bottom line.
Offering an employee wellness program can also help your business remain competitive and attract top talent. Corporate wellness programs have become very popular, so you’re often competing for good candidates against companies that already have these programs in place. What’s more, implementing an employee wellness program can incentivize your current employees to remain on board.
Benefits of an Effective Employee Wellness Program
Prioritizing your employees’ health has short- and long-term benefits for your business. With a good employee wellness program in place, your company can:
- Curb absenteeism: When employees have the resources to stay healthy and reduce their stress, they are less likely to miss work.
- Lower health care costs: Helping employees adopt healthier habits like exercising and eating well can lower health risks, leading to reduced health care costs.
- Improve company morale: Wellness programs make employees feel valued and appreciated, leading to increased feelings of job satisfaction. When employees are happier at work, they’re also more likely to be productive and contribute creative ideas.
- Increase productivity: Generally speaking, employees who practice positive health behaviors like balanced eating, exercising and mindfulness are more likely to be productive than ones with poor health habits.
- Strengthen employee recruitment and retention: Many job candidates are strongly influenced by an employer’s health offerings. Current employees also tend to view wellness programs as a significant job perk, helping you retain your talent.
- Build camaraderie: Some wellness program initiatives allow employees to interact outside of the workplace, such as going to the gym or participating in a company-sponsored sports team. These interactions facilitate closer employee bonds that can help teams work better together.
Creating a Holistic & Inclusive Employee Wellness Program
At Exude, we have intentionally developed our services to support complete employee wellness. Our holistic and integrative approach is designed to positively impact employee engagement, psychological safety, inclusiveness, productivity, morale, and the overall success of your organization.
The holistic approach implemented by Exude is centered around the notion of comprehensive employee wellness. We believe that for employees to be their most productive and successful, it is essential to prioritize both physical and mental health. Our services include providing personalized education and support on a variety of topics related to health and general employee happiness to help create a culture of support and empowerment within the workplace.
Because the needs of our clients vary, we have several ways to support your organization. Our wellness consultants provide solutions to ensure that employees are receiving ongoing and reinforcing employee wellness support throughout the year.
Employee Wellbeing Training
Our employee mental health and wellbeing training programs are intentionally focused on helping employees develop essential self-leadership skills that positively impact their total wellbeing. All wellbeing courses can be customized to meet the needs of your organization.
Learn More About Employee Wellness Training
Corporate Wellness Coaching
At Exude, we believe that self-leadership is a prerequisite to becoming a highly effective leader. Our integrative and holistic coaching program helps leaders make high-impact changes to gain the energy, resilience, and presence to live well and lead well.
Learn More About Corporate Wellness Coaching
Workplace Wellness Programs & Plans
For organizations that are committed to offering an impactful and inclusive wellbeing program, it’s essential to have a plan and strategy that takes into account the entire employee life cycle, including recruitment, onboarding, development, exit and all of the touchpoints in between.
Turnkey Corporate Wellness Program
One of the most common challenges that organizations face is sustaining ongoing programming and communication throughout the year. Exude developed a turnkey solution (complimentary for existing clients) as a foundation to your program.
Learn More About Our Turnkey Corporate Wellness Program
The Thriving Leader Program
A quarterly learning experience designed for leaders and managers to enhance personal and professional skills to allow them to model a culture of health and wellbeing for your organization.
Learn More About The Thriving Leader Program Here
Employee Mental Health
The workplace can be a significant source of stress and anxiety for many people, and it is important that employers take steps to support employee mental health.
Working Together For You
At Exude, we have a firm belief that when we help your people be the best versions of themselves, your company will be its best. Our integrated approach leverages our team of experts to improve your employee and customer experiences while driving greater business results.
Interested in investing in wellbeing for your organization?