Employee Mental Health
Mental health is an important aspect of overall well-being, and it is essential for employees to maintain good mental health in the workplace. The workplace can be a significant source of stress and anxiety for many people, and it is important that employers take steps to support employee mental health.
There are several ways that employers can support the mental health of their employees in the workplace. At Exude, we’ve found that training employees in the area of mental health can help lead to a supportive workplace environment.
Specifically, training managers and supervisors on mental health awareness and mental health first aid helps them to recognize the signs of mental health concerns in their employees and to provide support and resources as needed. This can help to reduce the impact of mental health concerns in the workplace and improve employee wellbeing.
Exude’s Employee Mental Health Offerings:
Employee Mental Health First Aid Training
Our Employee Mental Health First Aid Certification Training teaches you the skills and confidence to help anyone who may be suffering from a mental health challenge or substance use problem. You will learn how to connect them to the help they need. It’s also an effective strategy for removing stigma barriers that may be preventing employees from receiving professional support.
Learn More About Employee Mental Health First Aid Training Here
Preventing Employee Burnout Training
Exude’s employee wellbeing training focuses on building resilience. Resilience is about increasing individual and collective ability to bounce back from adversity. It’s what allows us to recover from change or stress, whether in the workplace or other areas of life. Building resilience helps individuals and organizations manage their energy and perform at their best.
Learn More About Our Preventing Employee Burnout Training Here
Employee Mental Health Training
Our Mental Health training normalizes conversations about mental health, as well as creates psychological safety for employees to receive professional support.
During this interactive training program, participants will learn about signs and symptoms of anxiety and depression so that they can be better “noticers” and supporters of others who may be struggling and/or are in crisis. We will also focus on strategies for reducing stigma and provide mental health resources.
Psychologically Safe Listening Circles
Listening circles, facilitated by Exude’s Mental Health Expert, Dr. Charryse Johnson, are a powerful coaching tool that can support individuals and teams that are struggling. Offering listening circles to your employees provides a positive way to safely connect with each other while also feeling heard, seen, and supported.
Spot-It Training: Breaking Free from Stress, Worry & Anxiety
The new normal is a constant state of uncertainty and change. Staying focused and productive is a tall order when the workplace (and the world) is in a constant state of flux. Spot-It was founded in 1937 by a brilliant neuropsychiatrist named Dr. Abraham Low. This is a CBT-Based training solution that is designed to reduce stress, worry and anxiety. This is a peer to-peer, situational coaching method. This 4-step method has been proven to decrease the symptoms of anxiety and improve self-esteem. It works in the moment when you need it and takes less than 5 minutes of a process to do each time.
- Learn a method that will help you personally handle stress & anxiety for the rest of your life.
- Become more emotionally intelligent & increase your self-confidence and peace of mind.
- Develop stronger workplace connections in the ever-growing, supportive Spot-It™ national community.
Additional Ways to Support Mental Health in the Workplace Include:
- Encourage open communication: Encouraging employees to speak openly about their mental health concerns and create a safe space for them to do so is critical to creating a safe environment in the workplace. This can help to reduce the stigma associated with mental health and make it easier for employees to seek support if they need it.
- Provide resources and support: Providing resources such as mental health hotlines, employee assistance programs, and counseling services to support employees with mental health concerns is another great place to start. Employers can also offer flexible work arrangements, such as remote work or flexible hours, to help employees manage their mental health.
- Promote work-life balance: Encourage employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance by setting reasonable expectations for work hours and workload. This can help to reduce stress and prevent burnout.
- Create a positive work environment: Employers should strive to create a positive work environment that promotes employee well-being. This can include offering opportunities for socialization, providing healthy snacks and beverages, and implementing policies that prioritize employee safety and well-being.
Overall, promoting good mental health in the workplace is essential for maintaining a healthy and productive workforce. Employers should prioritize the mental health of their employees by creating a supportive work environment and offering resources and support as needed.
See How We’ve Helped Organizations Like Yours
Integrating Wellness with your Employee Benefits Strategy
Saved 20% on employee benefit costs in year one through innovative wellness strategies.
Case Study: Ewing Cole
Learn more about how Exude can help enhance your employee experience and overall company culture.
Improving the Overall Employee Experience
By creating intentional HR touchpoints we created a more engaged, connected staff that better reflected their employer brand and delivered their desired employee experience.
Working Together For You
At Exude, we have a firm belief that when we help your people be the best versions of themselves, your company will be its best. With Karla as your employee wellbeing trainer, your leaders will have the resources to thrive personally and professionally.
Interested in employee wellbeing training for your organization?