Manager of Client Services—Employee Benefits
We are a growing Human Capital consulting firm seeking a talented Manager of Client Services for our Employee Benefits division. This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of unique culture and an environment where the focus is on providing clients with world class service–we are advocates who fight for what is right on our clients’ behalf.
The Manager of Client Services leads a team of highly dedicated Client Care and Enrollment Specialists. At Exude, we don’t have a call center, rather we believe our clients are better served by being assigned a dedicated Client Care Specialist who acts as our clients’ employees direct point of contact for all of their benefit needs.
The Manager of Client Care role is so important to the firm that the position serves as a member of Exude’s Operating Management Team, providing “real time” insight into our Benefit clients’ needs and challenges.
The ideal candidate for this position is a self-motivated leader with a passion for exceptional client service and the career development of their team. If you are a people manager with a commitment to excellence in client service and a track record of delivering on KPIs, please read on!
Exude’s Unique Culture:
We are not your typical firm. At Exude, the drive to succeed is balanced with creating a fun, challenging, creative, and exciting place to work. Our culture is so unique that we have been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies and we have received numerous awards including: Best Places to Work in PA, Psychologically Healthy Workplace, Best Places to Work in Philadelphia, Working Mother Magazine’s Best Small Companies to Work for in America, Smart CEO Healthiest Employer and most recently the When Work Works Award for demonstrating success in using flexibility as part of an effective workplace strategy to support our employees. One of our key Core Values is “Be Kind, Be True,” and that is reflected in how we treat each other every day—with respect, support and appreciation.
Core Duties of the Manager of Client Services include:
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, management and retention of the Client Care and Enrollment Teams; ensure effective on-boarding and on-going training of staff; develop high potential colleagues for future opportunities; model Exude’s Core Values
- Provide Client Care and Enrollment Teams with day to day coaching and support— serve as initial source of information for team member’s questions and problems– ensure timely and accurate resolutions to client inquiries and concerns
- Assist teams with resolving high priority/complex issues involving service questions from clients; interact with Insurance Carriers and internal department members to handle and resolve these issues
- Set and monitor workloads and achievement of performance standards and goals to meet objectives of the company; mentor, support and coach staff in order to achieve high performance
- Monitor team performance and Quality Assurance standards; including management of the performance review process for the team and addressing performance related issues as appropriate
- Identify process improvements; work with Operating Management Team, necessary internal departments, and vendors to evaluate and implement possible solutions
- Collect and provide analysis of client service statistics and reports from CRM system and other relevant data sources
- Work continually towards self-development to stay current on client service and management best practices
- Work with matrix client teams to research and provide information in response to any and all billing inquiries; handle and resolve all billing issues; perform client billing reconciliation and census audits when necessary
- For clients who have not yet or will not be implementing technology solutions, delegate service issues/enrollments/terms/changes and other requests to Client Care and Enrollment Assistants as appropriate
- Manage Exude’s service email and delegate service requests and issues to the team
Candidates for the Client Service Manager Role Must Possess:
- A minimum of 2+ years of prior direct managerial experience and 3+ years of successful client service experience in the employee benefits insurance industry
- A Life, Accident, Health Insurance license and completion of required certification hours to maintain licensure
- A strong technical knowledge of employee benefit products available, related administrative procedures and documents, and regulatory landscape for group benefit, medical, insurance, health, and other related products
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in HR, Health Policy, Risk Management/Insurance or related field highly desired
- Proven ability to personally perform and manage a team effectively in a high production, fast paced work environment particularly during critical open enrollment periods
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in: developing productive working relationships, talent management and development, and aligning performance for success
- Availability to handle on-call responsibilities as necessary to respond to client and employee issues and concerns to meet client expectations
In Addition to Our Unique Culture, Exude Provides Employees:
- A competitive base salary
- Medical/dental/vision plans; life and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Generous paid leave including unlimited vacation time
- Educational expense reimbursements
- Matching charitable gifts program
- Flexible work hours and telecommuting options
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please email your resume to: email@example.com
Exude is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer