A client, in practice for over 50 years, is a nationally recognized, fully integrated architecture, engineering, interior design, and planning firm of more than 400 professionals in six locations across the United States.
The client’s multi-disciplinary practice is built on the core values of professional excellence, design quality and collaboration. Their goal is to provide the best total solution for their clients, the community and the environment. Our client believes that thoughtful design can enhance an organization’s ability to achieve long-term success and improve the quality of life. They believe that in providing professional design services, emphasis on communication, design excellence and client advocacy are essential in creating a relationship built on trust.
The client engaged Exude to evaluate their overall employee experience. In general, they were aware they had a small and under-resourced HR team for the size of their organization, were having challenges attracting and retaining good employees. The client was looking for solutions that not only kept them compliant, but fit or improved their employer brand/culture and also delivered their desired employee experience.
Exude used various assessment tools including Key Stakeholder Interviews, an HR Operations Assessment, an Employee Engagement Survey, and Focus Groups to get to the root of the problem. Additional solutions included:
- Aligned Human Resources functions and responsibilities; increased HR headcount
- Implemented cloud-based performance management tool based on well-defined job descriptions and career paths
- Implemented Manager Training to support the development of staff
- Created Communications Committee who implemented and own:
- “You said, We heard, We did” reporting forum for company initiatives generated by the HR assessments and engagement survey
- Introduced specific branding to make employee communication immediately recognizable
- Revamped content and delivery method of quarterly updates meetings across the organization to keep employees updated and informed of organizational initiatives
- In partnership with Rewards & Recognition committee, introduced “On Display” project exhibition and presentation initiatives
- Introduced Yammer as an enterprise social network tool
- Updated portal to better support the needs of the organization
- Created Rewards and Recognition Committee who implemented and own:
- Years of Service Awards
- Verbal and Email recognition programs (for specific achievements identified by our client) to instil pride and office unity through victory sharing and celebration
- Licensure and credentialing recognition to celebrate the hard work and dedication it takes to earn specific credentials
- Project Exhibitions/Presentations to promote outstanding work, people and staff engagement
- Team Treating Budgets for team leaders to reward their teams around project milestones
The outcome of our engagement created intentional HR touchpoints that led to a more engaged, connected staff and that better reflected their employer brand and delivered their desired employee experience.