Mental Health Training
1- Hour Mental Health Awareness Training
Exude’s Mental Health Awareness training is designed to help normalize conversations about mental health, reduce stigma in the workplace, and create psychological safety for employees to receive professional support.
During this interactive Mental Health Awareness training, participants will learn about signs and symptoms of anxiety and depression so that they can be better “noticers” and supporters of others who may be struggling and/or are in crisis. A focus on strategies for reducing stigma and mental health resources will be provided.
- Understand the difference between mental health, mental health challenges, and mental health disorders
- Understand the impact that stigma has on recovery and how to use “person first language” which focuses on the person vs. illness
- Learn the early and worsening signs and symptoms of the two most common mental health disorders, anxiety and depression
- Learn how to support individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis and challenge and resources that can be shared
- Share information about Mental Health First Aid Certification and how to join a session.
Mental Health First Aid
Exude’s Mental Health First Aid teaches individuals how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. This training gives your employees the skills they need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care. First Aiders will complete a 2-hour, self-paced online class, and then participate in a 6 hour, Instructor-led live video conference.
What does it cover?
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use
- How to connect the person with help
- How to interact with a person in crisis
- NEW: Expanded content on trauma, addiction and self-care
- Reduce mental health stigma in the workplace
- Encourage employees to take responsibility for their mental health
- Empower employees to have respectful and inclusive conversations about mental that fosters empathy and psychological safety.
- The course will teach you how to apply the ALGEE action plan:
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm.
- Listen nonjudgmentally.
- Give reassurance and information.
- Encourage appropriate professional help.
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies.
- Unlimited access to Exudes Resilient Self-Leader e-course
- Quarterly 1.5 Hour group coaching support for all Mental Health First Aiders who get certified through Exude
- This is an opportunity to get ongoing support in practicing the action plans, hear about how others have used the tools from the training to help colleagues in crisis, training on additional skills such as empathy, non-judgmental listening, and personal self-care strategies
- 1 Hour complimentary employee well-being program consulting session.
Request More Information Below
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of mental health first aid training for your employees?
Mental Health First Aid Training will provide your organization with the knowledge and resources to identify employees struggling with mental illness or substance use disorders. This training not only enables employees to be able to spot the warning signs, but it also encourages employees in crisis to seek help- all of which provides the employee with the support they need more quickly.
How can you help employees with mental health issues?
Employers should hold training sessions to educate and equip employees with mental health management techniques, and build a more inclusive workplace culture. Leaders should check-in and encourage the conversation around mental health to reduce the stigma.
Other ways employers can support employees include offering healthcare plans with mental health coverage, promote a healthier work-life balance, and offer flexibility whenever possible.
How to talk about mental health in the workplace?
Managers should lead by example and be vulnerable with their teams when it comes to their own wellbeing. Being honest with employees promotes psychological safety and invites employees that feel comfortable enough to open up themselves. Teammates should listen without judgement and provide available resources as needed.
Working Together For You
At Exude, we have a firm belief that when we help your people be the best versions of themselves, your company will be its best. With Karla as your corporate wellness leader, your leaders will have the resources to thrive personally and professionally
Interested in assessing the benefits of a wellbeing program?