Organizational Wellbeing Consulting
Creating a Holistic & Inclusive Employee Wellbeing Program
Organizations must embed a focus on employee wellbeing into their day-to-day operations, culture, and leadership to thrive in today’s environment. This requires a shift from viewing a corporate wellbeing program as a stand-alone initiative to understanding that it takes an integrative and holistic wellness approach to meet employee needs and address systemic barriers. Below are the steps Exude takes to help organizations build a corporate wellness program that creates positive momentum and helps leaders be the best versions of themselves personally and professionally.
Phase 1: Assess current program and needs of employees
- Survey all staff and up to two focus groups
- Identify wellbeing stakeholders and roles/responsibilities
- Complete an inventory of current wellbeing initiatives
- Analyze data and survey results to identify insights on needs and interests of employees
- Identify systemic barriers and wellbeing priorities
- Select company wellbeing program goals and metrics
- Determine corporate wellbeing program constraints
Phase 2: Review & Prioritize Wellbeing Initiatives
- Recommendations for addressing systemic barriers & inclusion opportunities
- Review current wellbeing initiatives to determine alignment
- Identify additional wellbeing initiatives and created a shortlist based on feasibility
- Finalize the shortlist of wellbeing initiatives with internal stakeholders
Phase 3: Launch and Roadmap
- Draft a wellbeing initiative roadmap
- Recommend a communications strategy for specific initiatives
- Identify wellbeing training opportunities for managers
- Plan an evaluation and iteration process for the wellbeing program
Below are examples of the some of the ways our workplace wellbeing consultants have worked with organizations in creating a wellness strategy and consulting them on innovative ways to bring their wellness initiatives to life.
- Assess all organizational offerings that impact employee wellbeing and provide recommendations on the integration of offerings and communication strategy
- Development of organizational wellbeing operating plan, budgeting plan, and a 3-5 year program strategy
- Assess, recommend, and implement inclusive strategies and/or education campaigns that are provided throughout the entire employee life cycle
- Planning and management of onsite programming (e.g. health fairs) and wellness challenges
- Development and training of wellness committee (recruitment, role description, onboarding, accountability)
- Work with key stakeholders/senior leaders in developing strategies for creating a culture of wellbeing that aligns with the organization’s strategic plans and values
- Vetting and management of 3rd party vendor relationships and/or wellbeing technology platforms
What Is an Employee Wellness Program?
An employee wellness program is an employer-sponsored program provided to employees as a preventive measure to help counter illness and maintain or improve workers’ general health. It typically focuses on employees’ physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
Why Your Company Should Have an Employee Wellbeing Strategy
Your employees’ wellbeing is crucial to your company’s overall performance. Having a wellness program in place provides resources beyond insurance that can help your employees maintain and improve their physical and mental health. These resources help increase employee satisfaction and engagement, improving their overall performance and your bottom line.
Offering an employee wellness program can also help your business remain competitive and attract top talent. Corporate wellness programs have become very popular, so you’re often competing for good candidates against companies that already have these programs in place. What’s more, implementing an employee wellness program can incentivize your current employees to remain on board.
Benefits of an Effective Employee Wellness Program
Prioritizing your employees’ health has short- and long-term benefits for your business. With a good employee wellness program in place, your company can:
- Curb absenteeism: When employees have the resources to stay healthy and reduce their stress, they are less likely to miss work.
- Lower health care costs: Helping employees adopt healthier habits like exercising and eating well can lower health risks, leading to reduced health care costs.
- Improve company morale: Wellness programs make employees feel valued and appreciated, leading to increased feelings of job satisfaction. When employees are happier at work, they’re also more likely to be productive and contribute creative ideas.
- Increase productivity: Generally speaking, employees who practice positive health behaviors like balanced eating, exercising and mindfulness are more likely to be productive than ones with poor health habits.
- Strengthen employee recruitment and retention: Many job candidates are strongly influenced by an employer’s health offerings. Current employees also tend to view wellness programs as a significant job perk, helping you retain your talent.
- Build camaraderie: Some wellness program initiatives allow employees to interact outside of the workplace, such as going to the gym or participating in a company-sponsored sports team. These interactions facilitate closer employee bonds that can help teams work better together.
Did you know wellbeing impacts these other areas?
Diversity Equity, & Inclusion
Creating a culture of inclusion goes beyond training programs. A comprehensive D&I strategy helps employees thrive and show up authentically while also increasing employee engagement and retention. ‘
Compensation Study Consulting
Is your compensation strategy right for your business and employees? Designing and implementing an appropriate compensation strategy will attract and retain the talent you need.
Our benefits consultants design a benefits strategy that promotes the use of preventative care which can drive down benefits costs, improve employee health and lead to lower instances of high claimants.
Advocacy & Service
As your benefits broker, we understand that healthcare keeps no “regular” business hours, neither does our team. We’re up and running, 24/7, to alleviate your HR team’s administration burden whenever there is an issue.
See How We’ve Helped Organizations Like Yours
Integrating Wellness with your Employee Benefits Strategy
Saved 20% on employee benefit costs in year one through innovative wellness strategies.
Case Study: Ewing Cole
Learn more about how Exude can help enhance your employee experience and overall company culture.
Improving the Overall Employee Experience
By creating intentional HR touchpoints we created a more engaged, connected staff that better reflected their employer brand and delivered their desired employee experience.
Working Together For You
At Exude, we have a firm belief that when we help your people be the best versions of themselves, your company will be its best. Are you looking for wellness program engagement to help your leaders thrive?
Contact us today to get started on your company wellness programs!