3 Tips For A Successful Open Enrollment
It’s that time again!
Time to plan for Open Enrollment…and all the stress that comes along with it! While it only comes around once a year, if not executed thoughtfully and carefully, it could leave employees feeling lost about their benefit offerings and leave employers feeling frustrated.
Below are 3 tips to help you manage a successful open enrollment period:
1. Communication is Key
- Start early- Let employees know that open enrollment is coming. If the options are available to share, share them! Give employees the chance to consult a spouse or partner or the chance to jot down questions before the meetings.
- Provide a digital recording of your plan information. This allows employees to easily review the plan information at a convenient time for them, and it can be used to explain the benefits to new hires.
2. Understanding the Options
- When implementing more than one option, it’s easy for employees to feel overwhelmed. Break each option down into its simplest terms. Point out the key differences between each plan as this will help employees make an informed choice.
3. Encourage Questions
- There are no dumb questions when it comes to your healthcare. Encourage employees to ask questions during this process. They may not want to ask publicly during the employee meeting, and that’s okay! Provide them with someone they can reach out to in order to get their questions answered. Employees that understand their benefits will become better consumers, potentially even saving the plan money in the long run.
We know that you work hard to deliver affordable benefit plans to your employees, so take the time this Open Enrollment season to effectively communicate your plans.
At Exude, our Account Manager will come onsite and walk your employees through the details of their plans showing them how valuable the offering you provide is.
Interested in learning more about our employee benefits consulting services? Click HERE, or Contact Us today!