Our approach to Diversity and Inclusion is to meet our clients where they are in their journey and help them move toward a more inclusive workplace. We know that each organization has its own unique characteristics that need to be considered when thinking through and implementing a strategy so we begin by fully understanding the current culture before making recommendations for solutions.
Exude’s DEI Survey gathers employee perceptions on the organization’s current state of inclusivity, bias, belongingness and workplace culture. The insights gained from this assessment will enable your organization to address issues that matter most to your employees, help define or focus your DEI strategy and create a baseline for measuring impact and outcomes. Your consultant will guide you through the process outlined below:
Your consultant will meet with up to 5 members of your Senior Leadership Team, DEI Committee (if in place) and other identified stakeholders. Intake meetings are designed to get behind the veil of what is typically shared and get to the heart of employee perspectives on DEI. They will help inform how we tailor the employee survey and our approach in order to meet your organization’s needs. Intake meetings include:
- Clarifying priorities and logistical parameters and any other speciﬁc guidelines that inﬂuence the project.
- Gathering information on your current culture, DEI approach, accomplishments and any other insights.
Project & Communication Plan
At the onset of every DEI survey engagement, we develop a project and communication plan with you. Your DEI Assessment Project Plan is informed by intake findings and includes:
- Prioritized goals and objectives.
- Detailed project outline, including timeline and ownership responsibilities of planned activities and tasks.
- DEI Assessment messaging/communications.
We will help you structure a strategy from the initial communication all the way to the final findings and recommendations presentation.
Our DEI Survey is tailored based on the information gathered in our stakeholder intake meetings. The web-based survey is administered to all employees to understand how they view the current state of diversity and inclusion in your organization. The survey includes quantitative items on the following dimensions:
- Recruitment, hiring and retention practices
- Promotional practices and advancement opportunities Compensation practices
- Performance management practices
- Employee relations practices (overall treatment of staff)
- Organizational management practices
- Training and development practices
Findings & Recommendations
Data analysis of survey results to identify key themes and correlations across various groups within the organization.
- Findings and Recommendations report that will be presented to key stakeholders. During the presentation, we will help strategize and create a follow-up communication plan for staff.
- Conduct optional focus groups (as needed).
Your Exude consultant can help you shape a presentation to be shared with your entire workforce. Based on the results of your survey, we’re always available to support the implementation of your strategic DEI plan.
Our consultants customize their approach to meet the development needs of our clients. Our cadre of highly qualified HR consultants have designations ranging from PHR to PHD, and provide support in all areas of human resources including diversity and inclusion, executive coaching, strategic compensation and general HR support. To learn more about their backgrounds, please visit our Consultants page.
Benefits of a Diversity Survey
After the analysis and reporting of your assessment is complete, you will be presented with a findings report. This report will help you:
- Understand your organization’s current DEI strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Identify differences in employee and leadership perceptions of DEI.
- Provide direction on what your organization needs to do to close the gap on diversity.
- Create a baseline for monitoring the effectiveness and progress of your organization’s diversity initiatives.
- Garner employee ownership and involvement in the change process.
Once these changes are implemented, over time, organizations will see an increase in organizational performance and bottom line as a result of creating an inclusive workplace where employees are able to thrive. Not only will this retain employees, but it will make organizations attractive in the competitive market.
See How We've Helped Organizations Like Yours
Culture & Engagement Issues
Through an organizational assessment, Exude got to the root-cause of culture/engagement issues.
Employee Retention – Root Cause
Redesigned key business processes to attract, retain, and develop desired talent.
HR Assessments to Improve Organizational Culture
A review of all HR processes and policies with an HR assessment to support the desired organizational culture.
Working Together For You
Exude’s DEI work helps you create a space where people can be their best self…and their whole self. We meet our clients where they are on their journey and provide the needed support to help them reach their goals.
Interested in learning about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion surveys?