Commitment to DEI starts with self-awareness and education; it is then reinforced with communications and accountability. While there’s a responsibility for each of us to educate ourselves, organizations can accelerate learning and increase expectations by way of focused training and communications.
Our DEI work has a vertical element that is purely committed to the mission of DEI through very targeted DEI training and communications. What’s special about Exude is how we also approach the horizontal DEI work – looking at how DEI can be threaded through all work.
Exude has a library of diversity and inclusion training modules that we can deliver for you or conduct a train-the-trainer so you team can deliver the content. Core modules are listed below (each are 2-hour virtual instructor-led trainings), and custom training can also be designed and delivered.
Diversity & Inclusion Training Courses
Foundational Diversity & Inclusion Training
This program is designed to build awareness and skill, and to provide participants with tools and resources to support immediate application of learning to create/maintain a respectful and inclusive workplace.
- Understand the importance of diversity and inclusion to organizational success
- Increase cultural competence and capability
- Understand and overcome barriers to inclusion (unconscious bias, microinequities,
- microaggression, microadvantages, etc.)
- Learn to foster belongingness and psychological safety
- Be able to communicate more effectively with diverse co-workers, colleagues, customers
This interactive session is designed to develop skills and provide tools for creating and maintaining a respectful and supportive workplace that brings out the best your people, increases productivity and retains talent.
- Learn to uncover the cultural influences that make you, and others, think and act the way you do
- Increase your ability to recognize/plan for multicultural interactions
- Increase your ability to adapt when relating and working in multicultural contexts
- Enhance your level of confidence during multicultural interactions
- Build the skills to lead across divides and thrive in multiple cultures
- Embrace diversity and recognize its role in innovative problem solving
What is unconscious bias? A tendency, inclination, or prejudice toward or against something or someone. This can result in prejudgments that lead to rash decisions or discriminatory practices – which is especially harmful in the workplace. This training will help you and staff build awareness and skills to mitigate unconscious bias.
- Understand Explicit and Implicit Bias
- Discover types of unconscious bias and biased behaviors
- Understand how to communicate more inclusively
- Understand the impact of bias on the workplace
- Know how to identify your biases and tip for counteracting them
How to Have the Diversity and Inclusion Conversation
In today’s environment, people often struggle with knowing what to say and even how to approach the topics of diversity and inclusion. Now’s the time get comfortable having uncomfortable conversations as diversity and inclusion grows in importance. This training will help attendees think about D&I issues using basic social justice frameworks and critical analysis skills.
- Learn how to properly approach difficult topics on diversity and inclusion
- Understand how unconscious bias impacts every part of the workplace how to be aware of those biases
- Learn to utilized cultural humility
- Learn effective methods o move the needle on diversity
- Understand how to manage the impact of unconscious bias
Diversity & Inclusion Roundtables
Participate in a series of roundtable discussions for executive leaders in the Greater Philadelphia area in industries that historically struggle with attracting and retaining diverse talent.
- Engage in high-level frank conversations and peer-to-peer communication on important and pressing Inclusion & Diversity challenges
- Learn from those who have had success in fostering more inclusive work environments
- Enhance your ability to strategically drive inclusion & diversity in your organization
Salary Negotiations for Women
- Understand assertiveness and the four communication styles
- Identify your individual assertiveness style and its effectiveness
- Plan for the salary conversation
Understand how to effectively negotiate salary, benefits, working conditions
- Frame your approach to salary negotiations and communicate with confidence
- Develop an action plan to overcome one personal obstacle to assertiveness
New Hire Diversity and Inclusion
- Understand your new organization’s commitment to diversity & inclusion
- Understand expectations of employees and how to get involved
- Develop awareness around diversity & inclusion and why they matter
- Discover barriers to inclusion and how to overcome them
- Learn what you can do to create an inclusive workplace
Our approach to Diversity and Inclusion is to meet our clients where they are in their journey and help them move toward a more inclusive workplace. We know that each organization has its own unique characteristics that need to be considered when thinking through and implementing a strategy so we begin by fully understanding the current culture before making recommendations for solutions.
Our consultants customize their approach to meet the development needs of our clients. Our cadre of highly qualified HR consultants have designations ranging from PHR to PHD, and provide support in all areas of human resources. To learn more about their backgrounds, please visit our Consultants page.
Exude’s training curriculum is interactive, activity-oriented and provides learners knowledge, skills, confidence and competence. Each session begins with an optional Pre-Session Assessment. This helps level set expectations with the participants and allows them to submit questions ahead of time. The group will then participate in an IceBreaker Activity to help them get acquainted and feel comfortable about sharing their thoughts. Most of the sessions will be facilitator-led content delivery, application and practice aligned to your core values and real-life action planning. All of these activities will provide participants with the resources and tools for application in the workplace.
Benefits of Diversity Training
There are several benefits to providing employees with diversity and inclusion training. These benefits include:
- Attraction and retention of a diverse workforce. Employees with strong diversity and inclusion practices put them at the forefront in the race to find top talent.
- Improvement of employee and organizational performance. Diverse workplaces outperform non-diverse competitors by 35%. Allowing employees to show up authentically at work helps them perform to the best of their ability and helps organizations increase their bottom line.
- Increase in innovation and creativity. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are able to provide organizations with innovative ideas and different perspectives.
- Improvement of brand. More and more organizations are requiring that their business partners and providers are meeting certain levels of diversity. In some instances, in order to grant business to a partner, organizations are requiring that employers have diverse workforces that are trained to be culturally sensitive.
See How We've Helped Organizations Like Yours
Culture & Engagement Issues
Through an organizational assessment, Exude got to the root-cause of culture/engagement issues.
Employee Retention – Root Cause
Redesigned key business processes to attract, retain, and develop desired talent.
HR Assessments to Improve Organizational Culture
A review of all HR processes and policies with an HR assessment to support the desired organizational culture.
Working Together For You
Exude’s DEI work helps you create a space where people can be their best self…and their whole self. We meet our clients where they are on their journey and provide the needed support to help them reach their goals.
Interested in learning more about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training?